Random Points of Interest (Or Not)
June 3, 2010
- It’s only the beginning of June, and my freckles are already out in full force. Shoulders, arms, even my wrists and the backs of my hands. I’m not exactly tan by most standards (not with all my Scandinavian and Northern European blood), but I don’t have the pasty “office tan” I sported most of last summer.
- I did 4 miles on the elliptical last night. Felt great in that kicked-your-butt kind of way. I’ve got a workout system now: swim on Mondays, elliptical on Wednesdays, run on Friday/Saturday.
- We tried the new spicy chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-a last night. Verdict: super yum. It will be my new go-to menu item. Jeff liked it, but said he’ll probably stick with the original.
- The rest of Avatar: The Last Airbender is now streaming on Netflix. Woo hoo! Now we can finish the series before the first movie comes out this summer.
- I’ve recently posted a couple blogs via backdating. It was just easier to write that way, and they’re mostly for me anyway. If you’re interested, make sure you go back and read them.
- May was crazy busy. Fun, but busy. I can’t sustain that pace of activity indefinitely, and am looking forward to a calmer June.
- We are loving our new Weber charcoal grill. It’s amazing how much better food tastes on it. And it was free because my husband rocks at his job. :)
- We have new next door neighbors as of one week ago. Haven’t met them yet, but I hope they’re nice and good neighbors. We really liked the people who moved out—knew them the best of any of our neighbors. However, it has been quieter without their sweet, but noisy dogs!